Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Awakening 2012

This past weekend I went on a retreat called Awakening. I went to this retreat last year and had an awesome time. This year I was a table parent and had to give a talk about Faith. Being a parent was an amazing experience like being a table leader on TEC. Weeks before the retreat, I was nervous because of the talk that I was going to give. In my talk, I talk about my mom and my struggles with my faith and God after all that has happened in my life. Even the day I was giving my talk, I was nervous until I started talking. Once I was up there, I got comfortable and i just let the Holy Spirit give my the words to say. I think that my talk went good. Some of the retreaters were crying by the end and they said that I had some kind of impact on their lives. I did not know that I could make an impact on others because of my story and how far I have come. The song that I chose is "What Faith Can Do" by Kutless. This song I chose because it describes what faith feels like when you have it. You can always fall back on your Faith when you are down and feeling like you have hit rock bottom.


The song for the weekend is "How He Loves" by David Crowder. This song tells us that God loves us now matter what. HE loves us unconditionally, meaning that know matter what we have done, He still loves us and that He will never stop loving us.


This pictures describes us for the whole weekend. We were crazy and fun, but with a side that we were serious when we needed to be. 


That is all for now. Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment